Friday, July 8, 2011

Volunteeer for ICA

entsI have just heard from the Executive Director of ICA regarding when students can begin to volunteer to work the conference and thereby get free registration. I was told that the ICA website will have something posted any day now (today is Friday, July 8). If you are interested, I suggest you visit the site daily. Remember that you need to be a member of ICA to take advantage of this opportunity. Also, if you would prefer to not volunteer, you can still pay student registration fees to attend the conference. This year our goal is to have at least 40 Argosy students in attendance. For the last two years, Argosy has lead the way in the number of students in attendance. This type of visibility in the professional counseling circles is not only a boost for Argosy but also makes other, some your future employers, aware of Argosy, our program, and the professionalism of our students. This is win-win.

The ICA website is ilcounseling org. Please tell your student friends in case they don't visit the blog (shame on them).

If you have any trouble, contact your advisor or me. I hope to see many of you at the conference.

Dr. Septeowski

1 comment:

  1. ...And in keeping with the same theme, I have the honor and privilege to take a seat on the Illinois Mental Health Counseling Association (IMHCA) Board of Directors starting Sunday. I will not only be representing this fine university but all of the state’s educational entities. I hope to be enlightened as I carry the “Student” flag when addressing some of the most expansive legislation to date in our field. For sure, I will bring more visibility to the board as in pertains to our concerns and commitments.

    ReplyDelete